Health and Safety
HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
U&D Coal's vision is to be an industry-leading Coal Explorer and Emerging Producer, where we as a company create sustainable value from our resources and relationships in a way that is safe, environmentally responsible and respectful of all stakeholders. Our belief is that if Safety will never be compromised it will be held as a value – and that our team can achieve the goal of Zero Harm to ourselves, to others we interact with, to the Environment and to the Community. We require your support to achieve these goals.
HEALTH AND SAFETY OBJECTIVES
To achieve this aim we will:
- Recognise that Safety is everyone's responsibility and that it is fundamental to the way we do business
- Accept that everyone is personally accountable for their own Health and Safety performance and for those whom they work with, manage and supervise
- Comply with all applicable Health and Safety laws, regulations and standards
- Work together to identify and eliminate unsafe conditions through the application of risk management practices
- Be trained and competent to apply our Health and Safety responsibilities in practice
- Thoroughly investigate the causes of all accidents, injuries or near misses to prevent any recurrences
- Maintain relevant policies, procedures, systems, information, training, recognition programs, with an organisation structure able to support and communicate effective Health and Safety practices throughout the Company
- Effectively and regularly consult with all employees about all Health and Safety matters
- Encourage active participation, consultation and gain the cooperation of all employees, contractors and visitors in promoting and developing measures to improve Health and Safety at work.
U&D COAL LIMITED COMMITS TO:
- Educating all employees and contractors in defining an acceptable level of risk for the task at hand and in implementing risk management practices to achieve safe operations
- Training and coaching managers, employees and contractors on Health and Safety requirements and then holding them accountable for compliance
- Ensuring compliance with applicable laws, U&D Coal's standards, and any other stated requirements as a minimum foundation for the delivery of acceptable HSEC performance
- Implementing and maintaining integrated management systems and programs, including measurable objectives and targets, to ensure effective implementation of this Health and Safety Policy
- Promoting with employees, contractors and the community awareness of Health and Safety issues through ongoing training, communication and reporting
- Regularly reviewing this Policy to ensure it remains appropriate to U&D Coal's objectives and applicable legislation.